Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Loreley Restaurant

7 Rivington Street
(between Bowery & Chrystie)
New York, NY 10002
Lower East Side
(212)253-7077
http://www.loreleynyc.com/

Will introduced me to this place that has a beer garden although the cold weather prevented me from checking it out. The inside seating is a bit tight but not unbearable. Not a busy night but our location clearly was difficult for the waitress to attend to.

Beer
Radeberger Pilsner. fresh and light. perfect summer drink to go with your dinner. would have been even better if we sat in the beer garden I bet. For those of you who don’t do metric and don’t have a smart phone, 1 liter is approx 2 pints. So if you usually get pints at a bar, just go ahead and get 0.5 L of your favorite beer.

Food
Since it’s impossible to decide on a dish, we just got a platter of the three sausages to try. The side of mashed potatoes and sauerkraut were tasty too. My favorite out of the three sausages was the smoked sausage.

Dessert (?)
While I usually order potato pancakes for brunch, I really wanted to try it here because they had lingonberry in addition to the applesauce. We had to ask for more applesauce though since the small serving they gave us was probably enough for 1 pancake. We had a total of three pancakes. I think it was sweet and tasty enough to be dessert.

No comments: