Tuesday, May 20, 2008

fashion survey

saw this on http://www.thesartorialist.blogspot.com/ and was inspired


Job?
Project Consultant

Best Sartorial advice from your parents?
Keep it simple

Style Icons?
Cosplayers…no just kidding, probably various women I admire (from work, school, movies, etc) I also really like outfits in foreign movies (Kinky Boots, Sex and Lucia, Love Songs) and Gossip Girl (best show ever!). I wish I could dress like goth Nana and get away with it. And a lot of musicians.

Describe your personal style?
Colorful flowing comfortable

I build my daily look around?
Occasion (work, play, date, meeting, etc), mood (color), weather (coat vs jacket, skirt vs pants, etc etc)

Personal Style quirks?
Orange/red anything and everything (shirt, polo, skirt, dress, nail polish, etc etc). Fantastic shoes.

Most cherished item(s)
Dark dark designer jeans and my red scarf with golden threading

I feel best wearing?
tank top (or spaghetti strap) with skirt/jeans and barefoot. Or hoodies in cold weather. My wardrobe kind of varies from winter to summer.

The first thing I look at in another Sartorialist’s outfit ...
Fit, color, mood (how it makes me feel)

I always break this fashion rule.
color combos. I’m not sure that’s a rule though.

I never break this fashion rule.
keep accessories simple. Nothing breaks a perfect outfit than overdoing matching and/or accessorizing.

Never caught wearing?
sweatpants in public. Who does that?! Gotta dress up for going out you know?
And never too floral/cutesy either (why/how do Asian women do this?)

Most underrated item in menswear/womenswear?
hats. Bring them back!

Dress to impress who?
my significant other, and my stylish female friends. Or some days I just like to look good for my own sake.

Shine your own shoes?
if soft shoe shine cloth from hotel count…

I skimp when buying ...
makeup or random babble jewelry.

I splurge on.....
swatches, really colorful and cheerful clothes

Guilty pleasure?
hotpants, mini skirts, bright red lipstick, green/blue eye shadow.

Cologne, skincare?
haven’t explored this much. Neutrogena oil-free for face and shiseido sunscreen.

Most stylish city?
NYC (downtown, uptown, boroughs). You find so much by going to different neighborhoods. I also love some of the restaurant decors.

When I was high school I wore?
t-shirt and jeans? Wasn’t very fashion conscious.

Sports?
I watch baseball. Don’t play much unless you count wii sports? I also enjoy dancing.

Favorite vacation spots?
Virgin Islands, Chicago, NYC (even if I live here), Georgetown in DC.

No comments: