Saturday, May 02, 2015

BBG Sakura Matsuri Cosplay Fashion Show

Brooklyn Botanical Garden hosts a cherry blossom festival every spring and usually garden visitors will see cosplayers gathering and hanging out during the popular event as well. I have been to the festival a few years in a row and got a chance to see the cosplay fashion show this year.

Since there is a limited number of spots on the fashion show and requires an application process, only the best get to be part of the cat walk! Since I was way too short, I missed most of the poses on the stage. Luckily, I happened to be standing near the exist and snapped these photos.

IMG_0015

Kitana from the video game series Mortal Kombat. She was actually part of a trio of Mortal Kombat group cosplay. The other two were Sonia and Scorpion. The three of them managed to increase the tension on the stage with their deadly entrance. Don’t mess with Mortal Kombat… just saying.

IMG_0017

I do not know the characters but the credits mention they are from the series Black Butler. I know it’s usually not fair to base my anime watching habits on cool clothes… but I may have to check this series out since the art style is also up my alley.

IMG_0018

Disney princess remix (Belle, Elza, Snow White, etc. Genius!

IMG_0019

One of two Attack on Titan cosplayers from the fashion show. I couldn’t figure out which character this was until the credits noted it’s Jean. The gear on this is just hotness.

IMG_0011

Yes, the garden has a variety of tulips. I like the orange ones and also a few varieties that have a difference color edge than the petals themselves.

IMG_0006

Magnolia plaza lives up to its name. I took a pic of the yellow magnolia because it’s one of the few trees that didn’t have pink blossoms.

More cosplay photos from the weekend on Gothamist: http://gothamist.com/2015/04/27/cosplayers_brooklyn_2015.php#photo-1

No comments: