Sunday, March 01, 2009

Eisenberg's Sandwich Shop

174 5th Ave, New York 10010
(Btwn 22nd & 23rd St, Across from Flatiron Building)
212.675.5096

After taking a tour of the Flatiron district, I decided to give this shop a try since I've already been to Shake Shack (the line was part of the tour attraction too)

Decor
//While the location of this historical eatery is prime (near flatiron building and madison square park), the inside was not much to speak of. Besides a painting here and there, the seats and tables are pretty ordinary.

Food
//Hot Pastrami Sandwich - I should have remembered to ask for a side of pickles to go with this sandwich. The fatty slices really filled me up in no time. 
//Egg Cream - As the tour guide said, you need to request them to make it sweeter. If you don't know what egg cream is, here is the wiki entry. It's basically chocolate syrup, milk, and seltzer.

Notes
//I wouldn't say make a special trip just to visit this place but if you're in the area and want a sandwich it's a pretty good place. I imagine the lunch time crowd is pretty packed too.

No comments: