Monday, July 02, 2007

Fresh tomatoes

I really like eating tomatoes, raw, cooked, diced, sliced, on my burger, on my pizza, on my salsa. They are really easy to prepare too.

Here's a spring/summer recipe for days when you need something fresh and sweet to offset the greasy dinner or maybe as a midday snack. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo. Always too eager to eat...

ingredients (makes 1 serving)
-1 large tomato or 2 plum tomatoes
-1 small bunch of fresh cilantro or basil (I love both, just don't mix the two)
-1 tablespoon or so of lemon or lime juice (or more, depending on your preference)
-1 tablespoon honey (I guess this could be optional, but it's so good!)

directions
1. dice tomatoes and chop up cilantro or basil into bits
2. mix well with lemon juice
3. drip honey into mixture
4. mix again, then serve

notes:
colorful, fragrant, sweet, tart, and oh so good for you! You can eat this alone or eat it with bread. I actually tried it on a croissant once and it was quite nice.

No comments: