Friday, April 27, 2007

Spicy and Savory Shrimp

photo:
I made this quite a while ago but only today did I upload the photo.
Let's see if I can reconstruct the recipe.

ingredients
-shrimp
-thai peppers
-rice wine for cooking purposes
-salt
-pepper
-sugar (optional, but I like it)
-oil
-soy sauce

preparation
-shrimps are weird since you have to clean them with a toothpick. I actually found that it's not too bad. I figured it all out. All you need to do is to slide a toothpick through the top of the shrimp's back then pull. The black thread you're trying to get out will be teased out. I like to leave the heads on but of course you can remove them if you want.
-cut thai peppers into small pieces.

cooking
1. boil some water in a soup pot
2. cook shrimp in boiling water until they turn orange.
3. Heat oil in pan, put in thai peppers.
4. stir fry shrimps really quickly, just to get them oiled up.
5. put in a bit of the following: rice cooking wine, soy sauce.
6. add salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.

notes:
I was very surprised with how they turned out. I didn't have leftovers at all. That's a record for me in terms of consuming shrimp!

No comments: