Sunday, April 09, 2006

Clyde's Gallery Place

707 7th Street, Washington, DC 20001
Phone: 202.349.3700

Crazy on a Friday night, beware!
Service was lacking, compared to the M Street branch. But the food made up for it.

We started off with peppercorn shrimp, which is lightly battered and flavored with pepper and salt, taste like this one dish I've had in Chinese restaurants. The Gallery Place/Chinatown Clyde's definitely focuses on seafood more. There are a dozen of seafood dishes throughout the menu, as well as a raw bar.

I had the fried oyster soup which was very rich and delicious. If you liked cooked oysters, you should try it out. The soup was okay but the oysters themselves were yummy. I was expecting maybe pieces of one oyster and was surprised when they put 3 in the bowl.

I think I had a salad of some sort...can't remember too well though, probably just a simple spinach one.

Will definitely come back again!

No comments: