Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Wisteria Sighting

When the Met Museum held a Louise Comfort Tiffany exhibit several years ago, I was impressed by all the works on display, especially the works not related to the often pictured lamps. The American wing with various Tiffany pieces also became one of my favorite places to hang out at the Met. There was this particular stained glass window featuring wisteria that made me wonder about this flower. I had not seen wisteria before so filed this image away for future reference.  http://www.metmuseum.org/exhibitions/listings/2006/louis-comfort-tiffany

This past weekend I found myself gazing at some lovely wisteria in Central Park Conservatory Garden. The pergola (framing device) is just as significant as the flowers themselves.

IMG_0371

IMG_0391

Thank you Central Park Sketch and Art Meetup Group for introducing me to this part of central park! Check out event photos here.

Another place to catch wisteria is Brooklyn Botanical Garden. http://www.bbg.org/discover/gardens/osborne_garden Maybe I have seen wisteria there before but they most likely looked different without the pergola.

More photos from Garden and Japan Day.

Click here to view these pictures larger

No comments: