Thursday, March 15, 2007

Pizza in Flushing?

As sad as it may sound, I have not found many pizza places here. The only one I went to does pretty good pizza yet I can't even remember its name. It's somewhat close to Old Navy on Main St.

I've always been a fan of interesting toppings on the thinnest crust you can find. Not a plain cheese or pepperoni girl.
Today's choice: artichoke, spinach, mushrooms, and sundried tomatoes. Who says good pizza has to have meat? I find most meat toppings to be too tough or too salty anyway.

Other toppings I enjoy are:
-white cheese and tomato, that's all you need really.
-olive, capers, basil, and sundried tomatoes.
-pepperoni (when it's part of many more toppings, plain pepperoni is boring)
-"Hawaiian". I like sweet stuff on my pizza, like pineapples. I don't actually care too much for the ham.

Although California Pizza Kitchen has interesting toppings (even Peking duck I think?), I've had too many bad service experiences that I probably will that avoid the place from now on. As for Uno's, the pizza is a bit thick for my tastes, but the personal sized ones are quite yummy. For people living near Georgetown, DC, head over to Papa Razzi and Pizzeria Paradiso.

When I was 10, I had my first pizza experience. It was a hole-in-a-wall place somewhere in New York City. The pizza had a thin crust and tasted delicious. I don't remember what toppings were on there but I do remember it was one of the first things with cheese that I liked. Unfortunately, afterwards I was overwhelmed by people ordering from chains like Pizza Hut, Papa John's, and Domino's. Needless to say, the grease and thick crust killed me every time. Thank God I'm in NY again, where Flushing even has good pizza. I thought Georgetown lacked cheap afforadable hole in a way places. But then again, I was spoiled by "Bob" who made pizzas from scratch (dough too!)

No comments: