Monday, March 04, 2013

Jazz and Pizza while crossing the bridge

Progress has been made for my new year resolution to check out new venues and bands, and even J. has come long for a ride (although he wonders if I found the 'Terminal 5 of Brooklyn'.

Brooklyn Bowl
http://www.brooklynbowl.com/
Btw 11th and 12th on Wythe, in Williamsburg.


  • The band: Preservation Hall Jazz Band http://www.preservationhall.com/band/
  • drink: I ordered a gin and tonic. They also had beer on tab for cheaper.
  • Vibe: Psychedelic bowling alley, funky abstract art playing on large screens, GIANT disco ball (pictured), and giant fans on very high ceilings. Standing room only but look at how close we were to the band (pic).
  • Adventures: well, I had some issues with the map directions so we ended up going the wrong way(one benefit was we managed to pass the Manhattan skyline so that was a nice surprise. The view was so amazed I forgot to take a photo. Actually, probably because I was freezing from walking and wind near the water).
  • Lessons learned: Show up on time, check website for directions. this isn't some other music venue where they have two opening bands and the main act doesn't show until 10pm.





Unrelated but I'm not doing a separate post is an Italian place J. found in yelp while looking up 'gnocchi'.
Tres Sorelle
http://tresorellenyc.com/
Near City Hall
J had gnocchi with tomato sauce. I had capricciosa pizza (personal size was still big, if you order two, you can easily feed three people). Next time with more people I may try ordering the bigger size pizza. I was sold on the artichoke although the other toppings were fine too. And crust was superb. We had attentive service and would definitely come back.

This entry and previous were written on the Ipad blogger app. I like how easy it is to draft and publish, but I miss the formatting tools (bullets, font colors and header style, tagging labels library, pic size adjustment). Mostly the turn text into url function. The app comes handy for traveling though. And good for sharing photos. Update: I redid the entries on laptop because urls were dead, photos had wrong dimensions, and all the photos were automatically put in the end of the entry. I guess mobile apps are still limited. Need to keep those things in mind next time I use the ipad.

No comments: