Sunday, September 20, 2009

Maple Fig Chicken

Ingredients
-chicken breast (I bought a pack that had each breast separated into several pieces)
-Maple Grove Farm's Maple Fig dressing
-a squeeze of lemon juice
-bread crumb (the kind I used had a garlic/herb mix)

Directions
1. Place chicken breast, a few tablespoon of dressing and a squeeze of lemon juice in a ziploc bag, shake it up and marinade for one hour or more in the fridge.
2. Take out chicken, dip each piece in bread crumb and place on baking sheet
3. Broil for 12 minutes on 400F (I used a toaster oven, so I had to leave the door open a crack to let out steam), flip chicken over halfway through cooking process.
4. Cut up a piece of chicken to see if it's done.
5. Serve by itself or with pasta!

Notes
So I didn't realize you can use dressing as marinade...well, a first time for everything right?! I looked at a chicken fingers recipe for inspiration. The chicken was sweet and fragrant, with a bit of savory from the bread crumbs. J. and I ate chicken with some tri color corkscrew pasta, which was very pretty. Then we had some St. Peter's Organic English Ale. [info here] I'm not sure how English Ale is supposed to taste but it was light. The bottle is quite a collector's item. If you're good you can find ways to use this work of art.

No comments: