Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pasta in a Can

Looking for a change from your normal tomato based pasta sauce? Have too many cans of soup sitting at home? Try this recipe! Inspired by my cousin K. I like using beef soup because the soup by itself tends to be salty, but with pasta it's just right.

Ingredients
-dry pasta (I used the Barilla thin spaghetti)
-salt
-can of soup (I used Progresso beef roast with vegetables), skim off the fat on top with a spoon
-mushrooms and/or other fresh veggies (optional) cut into chunks
-Italian seasoning
-pepper
-cheese topping (optional)

Directions
1. Boil water in pot, add some salt.
2. Cook pasta according to package direction, minus a few minutes. i.e. my pack says 6-7 min, I took them out to drain after 5 minutes.
3. In another pot (or same one after you take out pasta), heat up the can of soup.
4. Place pasta inside soup and cook for a few minutes. Add mushrooms and vegetables and Italian seasoning.
5. Try the pasta to make sure it's the right consistency for you. Cook soup until most of the water evaporates, leaving a nice sauce at the bottom.
6. Serve with pepper and cheese!

Notes:
I guess if you're not worried about overstarching your soup, you can cook dry pasta right in it for 6-7 minutes. When I was looking up the brand of pasta and soup that I used, I found a bunch of recipes! Check them out below.

Other resources:

No comments: