Thursday, June 04, 2009

Banana Berry Smoothie

Ingredients (makes 1 glass serving of smoothie)
-1 banana
-handful of blueberries
-cup of milk (adjust as needed)

Directions
1. cut banana into sections (whole is probably fine too since you're using a blender)
2. put banana sections, blueberries, and milk into blender
3. I put the mix on "chop" first to chop up the fruits, then on a higher setting to blend.

Notes
This smoothie is a great way to get your daily fruit and milk. I drink it for breakfast since it's a great way to start a morning! I also like how the blueberries turn the milk purple (blue milk from star wars anyone?) I also had some lychee sitting around the apt so I peeled and seeded 3 or 4 as well. Not sure you can taste them over the banana and blueberries though.

Tip
Banana may seem bland by itself, but if you slice it and put it in regular cereal with some berries, the normal cereal gets transformed to a great morning experience as well.

No comments: