Sunday, September 30, 2007

Windy City Chicago

It's good to be prepared. The list, before I even set foot there. I'm sure I'll update this list when I come back.

#Info
Chicago Transit Authority (CTA)
Chicago Office of Tourism
[edit: get a map from the station. It has both subway and bus routes, very useful for those short distances downtown! The free CTA map beat out both my guide's pull out map and the tripleAAA map which is better for cars. When I was picking up my bag at the airport I noticed that they had some brochures for tourists. One of the brochures had an attractions map and also some coupons. It helped me locate Hard Rock Cafe which was nice.]

#News/Gossip
Chicago Tribune
Time Out Chicago
Chicagoist Blog
Chicago Sun


#Art
Art Institute of Chicago
Smart Museum of Art
Museum of Contemporary Art (MoCA?)
[Edit: went to the Art Institute which had an awesome miniature room section. It's on the bottom level, check it out! oh yea, and of course the impressionist room is great. I have more respect for Wright now that I've seen and read about him.]

#Music
Buddy Guy's Legends (blues)
Metro (alt/rock) home of the pumpkins, forever and ever


#Fun
Millennium Park
Navy Pier Area
University of Chicago
[Edit: Millennium bean is easily the most fun place to take photos. Buckingham Fountain is great but the nearby area was blah. Navy Pier Ferris Wheel is a must for people who love high places. Although I suppose Sears Tower is good for that too. But the Ferris Wheel let you see more water. The University of Chicago campus has better and more lawn than Georgetown. It's true. Their Gothic beautiful and high ceiling libraries speak for themselves.]

No comments: