Saturday, April 21, 2007

100th Post -- on marshmallows

wiki
wallpaper from homestarrunner

I really like marshmallows, toasted, in ice cream, in hot cocoa, or straight out of the bag. I'm also a fan of peeps, or marshmallows covered with colored sugar.

random recipe of the day:
you need a marshmallow, a cookie/cracker, and some form of chocolate. I happened to have some chocolate chip cookies and chocolate malt balls sitting around, so I used one of each.

directions:
place cookie in a microwavable plate or bowl, place marshmallow on top, heat for 10 or 15 sec, take a look and see if the marshmallow had puffed. Then place chocolate mal ball on the soft marshmallow cookie. very yummy!

alternatives:
obviously the same directions can be used for smores by having graham crackers and chocolate bars.

another idea:
heat chocolate sauce or nutella. coat marshmallow with it. set in fridge to cool.
chocolate coated marshmallows!

now I wish I had a campfire so I can roast them.

1 comment:

T-Bone said...

I'm not too fond of marshmallows but if you had a campfire, could I roast some time of meat on a stick over it?