Saturday, March 31, 2007

Favs in Guitar Hero 2

Guitar Hero II(wiki)

Favorite main set songs
"Surrender" - Cheap Trick
The most addictively catchy chorus ever. I had a lot of trouble playing this song at first and got angry because it's in the first set (supposed to be easier compared to other sets)
"Cherry Pie" - Warrant
The lyrics are catchy and hot.
"Beast and the Harlot" - Avenged Sevenfold
Even though this is in the last set of the game, I actually learned it as one of my first songs. Somewhat emo but very fun to play too.

Favorite bonus songs
"Elephant Bones" - That Handsome Devil
This could easily be my favorite song from the whole game. A little funky and a little hip hop. The lead singer's voice is so good and the guitar solos are fun. One of the songs that sounds good and plays well on your fingers. At least at medium difficulty, I don't feel like they throw anything impossible out there just to screw up your score. The "star power" stars are also rather nice. I get really excited when it goes from slow funky to faster more upbeat rhythm in the song. Listen to it and you'll know.
"Jordan" - Buckethead
My favorite instrumental only track. I feel it's a mix of techno electric goodness and trance, almost.

Favorite Guitar
Gibson Explorer (wiki) and its various bright finishes.

Favorite Venue
the one with green lights...can't remember the name, will update later.

Favorite Character/Outfit
Pandora with regular or Feathers (alternative) Outfit.

Least favorite set
Between set 6 and set 7 depending on the day. But I can't stand Psychobilly Freakout

No comments: